Become a Host Family
Would you like to become a Host Family - known as homestay host?
Before you apply here are some essential guidelines for a host. You should;
- Treat the student as a full member of the household, eating together and sharing common living areas
- Offer a safe, secure & clean home environment
- Provide breakfast and dinner everyday, and lunch at the weekends ( Half Board accommodation )
- Provide access to clean food preparation facilities ( self-catered accommodation )
- Provide clean towels and bedding
- Provide a table for students to use for study
- Have your own wifi or internet connection available 24/7
- Spend meal times with students so they can practise their English
- Be willing to have a DBS check (Discolsure and Barring Service)
- Complete a Risk Assessment for the property (see template below), provide a Reference (below) and a Gas Safety Certificate
- Live in the BRIGHTON & HOVE areas. Sorry, we do not usually register homestays east of Rottingdean
If you meet these requirements, we will arrange to view the room(s) and living spaces available before.
Please read the ISE Hosting Guidelines for rull requirements.
The following document ISE Homestay Application Form is required in advance of a visit to register as a homestay host. Please download and complete the forms in advance to save time completing the registration process.
Your application with completed forms may be emailed to our accomodation department.